Our approach to estate planning involves working toward our clients’ goals for transferring assets during their life and beyond, while at the same time structuring transactions in a way that is most favorable from both an estate tax and income tax perspective. We work in conjunction with attorneys and investment advisors to accomplish these goals.
The relationship we have with our clients does not end with the implementation of an estate plan. We recognize that as our clients' lives change, so do their estate plans. The federal and state estate tax rules are constantly changing, and we make it a top priority to stay informed of recent estate planning developments. These changes often require revisiting the original estate plan, which is something that we do frequently for our clients.
Our approach to estate planning involves the following steps:
- Data accumulation to assure that all estate assets are represented.
- Goal-setting to determine your personal and business wishes.
- Analysis of options and recommendations based on your goals.
- Implementation to optimize preservation of assets and minimize tax liability.
- Use of various strategies for efficient investment diversification and lifetime cash flow enhancement.
- Monitoring and periodic review to assure that your plan is being properly implemented, and that it still fits your current situation.
Some of the common aspects of estate planning that we address for our clients include:
- Planned charitable giving
- Family business transition planning
- Family limited partnerships
- Bypass Trusts
- QTIP Trusts
- Personal residence trusts
- Defective grantor trusts
- Federal and state estate tax, gift tax, and fiduciary income tax return preparation
- Preparation and maintenance of a Survivor's Notebook
For more information contact: